- Ireland's rugby team was renamed Island.
- A Labor party leader was called the Ed Miller Band.
- The Archbishop of Canterbury was rendered The Archbitch of Canterbury.
- A reporter was quoted as saying pigs "love to nibble anything that comes into the shed, like our wellies."
- A moment of violence was called for, in honor of the Queen, instead of a moment of silence.
Monday, October 10, 2011
Action on Hearing wants the BBC to clean up its captioning. The British advocacy group says the BBC's speech recognition software keeps coming up with offensive and ludicrous subtitling. For instance, some recent flubs include: