Monday, September 23, 2013

Jacob Landis hit during fundraising ride

The cross-country bike ride of Jacob Landis stalled in Tampa over the weekend when Landis was hit by a tractor trailer's mirror just a few miles from the last Major League Baseball stadium on his tour. He's already visited 29 stadiums and Marlin Park in Miami is last on his list. Landis was taken to a  hospital in the area with cuts and bruises, a cheekbone fracture and a chipped from tooth. Despite the setback, he's not letting the bump up stop him from his journey to raise awareness about cochlear implants. Landis will still attend tonight's game at Marlin Park when the Marlins take on the Phillies. His team issued a press release  here in which Landis says:
"Yesterday, with less than four miles to go to the hotel I was struck by a tractor trailer ’ s mirror. I don't remember anything that happened until I woke up at the hospital. I just want to thank everyone for their kind words through my Facebook account and special thanks to all of my supporters who made this ride possible.”