Saturday, May 30, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
- Beatrice M. Burk - retired associate professor at Southwest Collegiate Institute for the Deaf
- Walt Camenish III – principal of the Texas School for the Deaf.
- Nancy Carrizales – former teacher at the Texas School for the Deaf
- Eric Hogue - mayor of Wylie, Texas
- Susan Ridley – FBI financial analyst, belongs to the Houston Chapter of the Hearing Loss Association
- Angela Wolf –director of human resources for the Public Utility Commission of Texas
Monday, May 25, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Nearly 500 people have signed a petition saying the implants are dangerous and a threaten deaf culture. It reads in part:
“The notion that being Deaf is an affliction and an abomination which alienatesA group of protestors will try to give Governor Jim Doyle the petition today. Here’s an online version.
one from society and leaves the dependent and isolated is a myth and rooted in
Monday, May 18, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
2/3rds of the women surveyed said they only really listen when gossiping or eavesdrop on an argument. About half of the men surveyed said the same thing. Here are some of the other findings about the women surveyed. The average woman gives their full attention to..
- Best friends 75% of the time
- Their partners 70% of the time
- Bosses 66% of the time
- Work colleagues 64% of the time
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
You can now watch the episode Fox's House about a deaf teen last week at Hulu.com. During the show the boy and his mom decide not to have cochlear implant surgery but Dr. House goes against their wishes. The teen rips the implant out but his mom decides to have the doctors put it back. Ryan Lane plays the 14-year-old wrestler. He's a deaf actor who also appeared on the show Cold Case.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Next, they apply make up to each other and put on costumes as opera characters. Luke has a lot of trouble applying makeup on Margie. He is supposed to make it match the makeup of another person. Margie gets frustrated and Luke signs to her that he is quitting. But he doesn’t.
They end the episode as team number two. Another team they have had conflicts with, sisters Jen and Kisha, are eliminated because Jen stops to go to the rest room.
Next week on the Season Finale of The Amazing Race teams travel to Hawaii.